Need to improve your team’s writing abilities? Require tightly written, clear proposals? Looking for briefing documents written with clarity and precision? Supervise people who cannot change their writing styles to cater for different audiences?
In short, are you spending too much time re-writing the work of others?
Training in writing is an effective, proven way of overcoming these problems. Training for groups of up to 15 is also cost-effective, can be completed in only one day and includes a purpose-written reference and training manual.
Furthermore, courses can be customised for specific requirements – whether that’s preparing website content or writing ministerial briefs.
Julian Edgar can provide that training. The training is hands-on and practical. The skills gained on the day of training can be immediately put into effect in the workplace.
Unlike many trainers who have limited real world experience in the fields in which they teach, Julian has wide job experience, including working in the Australian Public Service at Executive Level, contracting to major private companies to provide editing expertise, and working in the commercial media – both in web and print.
Julian’s training in writing occurs primarily in Canberra but courses can be run anywhere in Australia – he has recently facilitated courses in Canberra, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide.
Julian also trains at the Australian Public Service Commission in Canberra.
Julian Edgar is the author of a number of books relating to the technical fields of automotives, electronics and amateur engineering. See them here.
Some of Julian’s courses:
- Writing for Technical Experts
- Persuading and Influencing Through Writing
- Preparing Articles and Features
- Preparing Press Releases
- APSC Essential Writing Skills for the Australian Public Service APS 1 – 4
- APSC Essential Writing Skills for the Australian Public Service APS 5 – 6
- APSC Essential Writing Skills for the Australian Public Service EL1 - EL2
- APSC Report Writing for the Australian Public Service APS 5 – 6
- APSC Report Writing for the Australian Public Service EL1 - EL2
- APSC Smart Reading Skills
- Writing for the Web
- Using Photos and Diagrams on the Web
- Strategic Use of Content to Build Website Readership
- APSC Publishing Web Content for the Australian Public Service – intranets
- Publishing Web Content for the Australian Public Service – external websites
- Producing Photos for Publication
- Strategic use of Images
Recent Australian Federal Government clients include:
- Department of Immigration and Citizenship (Canberra & Adelaide)
- Department of Defence (Canberra & Brisbane)
- Department of Parliamentary Services (Canberra)
- Australian Public Service Commission (Canberra)
- National Archives of Australia (Canberra & Sydney)
- Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne)
- Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research (Sydney)
- Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet (Canberra)
- Australian Crime Commission (Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne & Adelaide)
- Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs (Canberra)
- IP Australia (Canberra)
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (Canberra, Sydney & Adelaide)
- Indigenous Land Corporation (Adelaide)
- Office of National Assessments (Canberra)
- Air Warfare Destroyer Alliance (Adelaide)
- Defence Science and Technology Organisation (Melbourne)
- Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency (Canberra)